ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Dave_SB
New MemberPosts: 17
Like?
LX5 Firmware bug or camera fault?
May 16, 2012

Hi,

In the few weeks since I have owned an LX5 I noticed on a few occasions that the histogram disappeared from the LCD display. I have now tracked this down to the preset white balance. Changing to any of the default white balance options has no effect on the histogram but if I take a manual reading using preset 1 or 2 ( I use a Digital Grey Kard http://www.digitalimageflow.com ) and exit the menu system - no histogram!

Nothing will bring it back short of switching the camera off and on again or allowing it to go to sleep and waking it up. I have even switched the histogram option off in the menu prior to taking a white balance reading and then switched histogram on again, but it still won't display.

Can any LX5 owners check if this is the case with their cameras? I am using FW 2.0. It seems a very strange 'fault' and more likely a bug. Don't really want to get into returning the camera for such a small, although annoying, problem.

Any help appreciated.

Dave

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow