ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Dibenuto
Junior MemberPosts: 48
Like?
Dust in viewfinder/ lens and noises
May 16, 2012

Hello,

As some of you may know, I picked up the X100 second hand not long ago. Having a great time with it. I could have sworn when I picked it up, it had a clear viewfinder and lens. I've had it in a camera bag and looked after it over the week and a half I've had it. However, there now a few specs in the viewfinder and one in the lens (very small). I briefly used a blower once (just the hand held one) to clean it once. Perhaps that was my mistake. Has anyone experienced such issues? Needless to say, they do not impede my vision or worry me that much. If things get worse though, has anyone had theirs cleaned?

Also, when starting the camera, it has developed a strange ticking sound. After the lens barrel has retracted and made the usual clicks, there is a 3 sound succession of clicks extra to what was before (about the same loudness of the start up). I even confirmed this with another person who has used my camera. Anyone had this issue?

It may seem like I'm being pedantic, but odd sounds are a worry!!

Thank you for your help

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow