Panasonic GF2 vs GF3

Started May 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
jquagga
Contributing MemberPosts: 595
Like?
Re: I choose GF2 after intense examining both E-PM1 and GF3
In reply to 007peter, May 16, 2012

I prefer the GF3 photo of those two. The GF2 person appears to be greenish. However I shoot RAW so it is irrelevant to me. I really don't care about JPEG performance at all. Other mileage may vary.

That said, I have a GF3 so I guess we're good with that. I prefer the ergonomics of the GF3 and its menu controls. Its only negative is the lack of a hotshoe. Another poster mentioned firing a flash off camera mounted with an umbrella. However without a hotshoe the only way to do this is have a flash unit which will work as digital slave (and then bounce the GF3 flash up and mostly cover the flash with gaffer's tape - it's not ideal.

I've though about biting the bullet and buying a GX1 body but the problem is I really like the GF3. The lack of a hotshoe and lack of flash exposure compensation (a problem the GF2 shares I believe) are its only negatives. But it is my favorite small camera.

I'd get the GF3 with the 14mm kit lens. It's under $400 on Amazon now so that means you're paying less than $100 for the camera. Which as someone who paid substantially more for the camera is a bit disappointing ... Grr!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow