What’s the best email client for Mac?

Started May 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
Hen3ry
Senior MemberPosts: 8,599Gear list
Like?
Many thanks for your input, everyone. I get the message...
In reply to Hen3ry, May 15, 2012

…there's really no replacement for Eudora!

And I also got a message from a friend reminding me that Eudora gets nervous if you let any of your trays get too heavily loaded. About 1,000 posts is the really safe max.

I looked at the mail box that's corrupted itself a couple of times recently, and to my astonishment, found it was up to 2,400+ posts. It's not a critical mailbox and not heavily used normally, so it has been quietly creeping up, and I've had a burst of activity in that area recently.

Oh dear -- so I opened up the back-up, took the scythe and pitchfork to it, and reduced it by2/3rds! I'll see how it goes.

Many thanks for your pointers and tips. I've tried most of the possible alternatives at various times but simply found them wanting compared with Eudora. And that, in turn, comprises two elements, I suppose -- I have been using it since the beginning of time (although I did have a flirtation with Cyberdog of blessed memory) so I am accustomed to it, and it does what I want (or perhaps I do what it allows me to do and I think that’s what I want!).

Either way, I really do find it a very convenient program.

As for Time Machine continual back-ups -- no thanks. I'm on a laptop for light weight, flexibility, and portability, and I spend time away from the power supply. I like to keep back-ups simple. If I lose a bit now and again, so be it.

It’s very rare.

My thanks again for your help. Oh for a Eudora replacement that's as good as Eudora. But I’m not holding my breath.

Cheers, geoff
--
Geoffrey Heard
http://pngtimetraveller.blogspot.com/2011/10/return-to-karai-komana_31.html

Hen3ry's gear list:Hen3ry's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow