HX30V - arrived today and really dissapointed with IQ

Started May 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
zhir
New MemberPosts: 17
Like?
Re: HX30V - arrived today and really dissapointed with IQ
In reply to lightshader, May 15, 2012

I support your point of view: the IQ is appalling compared to the Canon. I have an older model myself (Sony TX5, 10 MP) and it's never as bad as this either.

If you want to keep the camera anyway, try one of the 6-shots mode (HHT, AMB, etc...). Maybe it can improve things.

lightshader wrote:

Thanks for all your comments - I've just uploaded a few taken today with the Canon a610 in auto mode ( also no pp) for anybody who wishes to view and comment on the differences in IQ.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/57943486@N02/sets/72157629746428806/

Although the HX30V is a new camera, as I had the HX9V before and took many pictures, it doesn't feel foreign to me, having a similar menu etc. I really want to like and keep this camera as I am going off travelling for a few weeks soon, but am really not sure. I tried a few with suggested settings in earlier posts, but didn't feel it made a difference. Will try to get some more samples taken tomorrow for anybody who may be thinking of buying this camera. Thanks.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow