Preoder OM-D EM-5 in Australia

Started Feb 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
Melbourne Park
Senior MemberPosts: 2,405Gear list
Like?
Re: Damn!
In reply to Julian_K, May 15, 2012

Don't forget the Australia Olympus twitter site, which is where they post some stuff about deliveries and supply.

DCW - I had the 11th in line order for a silver 12-50 kit - said that cameras would be in on Friday, the 18th. I doubted I would get one of those though - despite verbally accepting their offer in March. However their order database was not functioning until April ... they have outlets in Northcote in Melbourne, one in Sydney and I think Brisbane. IF they are getting a quantity, then I think Teds and even JB, and Camera Action and the rest, would be getting them too. Also Olympus mentioned Myer. I doubt many would go there to buy such a camera. Loaded with print outs of internet prices, you'd likely get a discount too, as they would not know supply restrictions IMO.

Good luck - the silver one is worth it, on Mothersday I brought it to my brothers, and the question was "how much", and then delight at the price. My brother had the first Canon affordable Rebel (they were not called that back then), a huge 6MP, but he's given up with DSLRs now and just uses his iPhone. He can't hack the bulk. But the OM-D got him and his wife excited, and they all loved the look of being like an old camera. Which is the appeal IMO of the sliver one. Which is really a pewter colour - sort of darkened aluminium look, but with a glow, unlike alloy which gets a dull weathering.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow