DPP vs Photoshop

Started May 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
Mikael Risedal
Senior MemberPosts: 2,923
Like?
Re: DPP vs Photoshop
In reply to Manny82, May 15, 2012

Thats good for you, I disagree, depending on if it is true colors we are talking about or over saturated colors with rendition of the different hues.
It is not a simple question as you maybe understand

Manny82 wrote:

dbug wrote:

Noticed that reds are more prominent on DPP. So are the colors. Even if I save it as tiff or jpeg or even transfer from DPP to photoshop or open the RAW in photoshop, the colors are not the same. Mainly the reds. I love how it looks on DPP but in Photoshop it muted. I have Photoshop CS3 and CS6. How can I get the same image in Photoshop?

I think DPP is just rendering exactly as the camera intended. And i agree reds are quite vibrant - but this is just Canon in general (well at least with my 30D).

I've spent plenty of hours between DPP, Lightroom and Photoshop and i can say DPP is by far the best raw converter. Everything looks perfect. I have found the Adobe varieties just can't nail the same tones.

DPP simply is the best. It is simple to use and yields the best results. I always do my conversion in DPP, then save as JPEG and do everything else in Lightroom - this just normally consists of adding a slight curve for that extra pop and that's about it

PS, regarding the reds, try a different picture profile - as they're all suited for different uses and will boost certain colours.

-- hide signature --

Life is a battle wishes aunt Titti

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow