5D III writing JPEG to one card, RAW to the other?

Started May 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
pete3d
Junior MemberPosts: 37Gear list
Like?
5D III writing JPEG to one card, RAW to the other?
May 15, 2012

Would a kind forum member who has a 5D III let me know if it is possible to write JPEGs to one card while writing RAWs to the other.

Hearing about how fine and corrected (lens distortion, lighting optimization, noise reduction etc.) the JEPGs that the 5D III writes can be, makes me think that this could be the holy grail of people portraying cameras.

When I photograph people (candid action events is my game) my ultimate objective is to get an image that is good right out of the camera. I try to shoot lots of frames and ideally the editing that I will do will be solely for content (that is to say rejecting the less flattering or opportune) not for technical merit.

If one card had only "beautiful" JPEGs on it, I could easily go through it, saving time, computer horsepower, and storage space. If at the same time I had a backup card of RAWs to go to in the event of a (many) major shortcoming(s) in the JPEG(s) (like WB, exposure, etc.) I would be laughing.

Cheers,
Peter

pete3d's gear list:pete3d's gear list
Sony RX100 II
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow