Like?
Re: All sensors are B&W
In reply to iaredatsun, May 15, 2012

iaredatsun wrote:

Tom Caldwell wrote:

sphexx wrote:

iaredatsun wrote:

sphexx wrote:

It has always seemed tome that the natural candidate for a B&W camera would be a GRD which would benefit from the extra resolution rather than a "full frame" like the M9.
--
Richard

I'd like to see one, too.

There was a published story about Ricoh's immediate plans and there was indeed a B&W GRD (or GRD style) camera in the pipeline. The story was based on a interview with a Ricoh representative. Whether it was a fantasy on his part or not remains to be seen. I don't know where the link is but it was posted in this forum.

Yes, I read that but cannot find it again – I don't remember reading it in this forum though. It was an interview of some kind, maybe at a trade show. There was also a rumour that Leica was working with Ricoh on some unnamed project.

-- hide signature --

Richard

Well it wasn't one of my "rumours" (grin) but I did speculate that the small Leica aps-c removeable lensed M mount body that was announced after Ricoh was working on the A12 mount module might have been a reworked and re-badged Ricoh. Seemed a sensible collaboration to me.

Tom, forgive me for being blunt but your rumours are not so much rumours as self-generated gossip and fantasy-based speculation;)

Sphexx, the subject was covered here:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1013&thread=40156049

The original blog article was here but it's only a translation of an original

http://photorumors.com/2011/12/21/better-translation-of-the-interviews-with-camera-manufacturers-about-their-future-products/

Thanks -- it was bothering me that I could not find the reference. If the report is correct then it was more of a forecast than a rumour -- though Ricoh has made a lot of these in relation to the GXR (projector modules and so on) which have not so far appeared, and certainly not one of Tom's speculations which I quite enjoy!

Richard

-- hide signature --

Richard

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow