Started May 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
FlossTycoon
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,871
Like?
S1, S2, S3, S5 Wednesday thread, 2012.05.16
May 15, 2012

Good afternoon, it is Wednesday somewhere. Here are my contributions to the chaos we call the Wednesday thread.

As promised, here is a look at my crop of Oregon grapes in full bloom. When I moved in about 16 years ago there was just one small sprig of this plant which I have been protecting from animals and such. I think there will be about enough of these eraser sized berries to make a small batch of jelly or jam come fall. There are at least two smaller plants in the corner to add some more crop.

In case of nothing new to add I can default to trains. This is the service area where the locomotives are fueled and have traction sand added so the steel wheel on steel rail interface is not so slippery especially in rainy weather.

Trains move, I think this makes them more interesting. Here we have a loaded coal train at Elliston, MT where the helpers cut into the middle of the train will be cut out.

The poppy blossoms have failed to open yet. we have had days in the lower 80s but three of four nights we in the very low 30 degree range. Maybe that delayed their bloom. Maybe next week.

-- hide signature --

Alan, in Montana

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
BobNew
TomNew
MarkNew
(unknown member)
TomNew
MarkNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow