ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
sheepthief
New MemberPosts: 11
Like?
OM-D E-M5 hidden menus for hard reset and status & diagnostic codes
May 15, 2012

Posted here: http://www.flickr.com/groups/om-d_user/discuss/72157629730054480/

Text as follows, but note that if I update anyof this info it'll be at the link above, not in this forum!

Hidden E-M5 menus.

I take no responsibility whatsoever for any damage or inconvenience or financial loss incurred as a result of you acting upon any information within this text. I cannot and will not guarantee that this information is free from errors.

Inspired by clues from http://www.biofos.com/cornucop/hidden.html

Some of these button presses may be extraneous - if you can shorten the sequences... good for you.

1. Power on with [menu] held down.
2. When LCD lights, release [menu].

3. [menu], [down] to spanner, [right], [down] to LCD brightness, [right] [info] [ok].

You're now at the banner which states the model name. From here you can go a number of ways -

4. [up] [down] [left] [right] [shutter] [up] for page 1 of status and then [right] or [down] or [left] for further status pages.

and/or

5. [up] [down] [left] [right] [shutter] [ok] for test parameter settings. Caution: I suspect that these settings could render your camera inoperable or unreliable.

and/or

6. Hold [menu]+[ok] together for a few seconds to get the hardware reset screen. [ok] to proceed. You'll know that the reset is successful if the time and date need setting when you next power the camera up.

I have some screen dumps but to be honest they don't really help - the explanation for some of the status codes can be found via the link above.

And no, a hard reset did not fix the problem I have with my 12-50mm kit lens not being recognised by the camera body. =:-(

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow