Upgrade?

Started May 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
Red13
Senior MemberPosts: 1,050
Like?
Re: Upgrade?
In reply to micoruiz, May 15, 2012

micoruiz wrote:

I'm not technically a newbie. I've had the 350D for a few years now. but now that I want an upgrade to suit a certain style, I find out I'm clueless

I was wondering if it would be better to get a new body, (a 600D) or just save the money and purchase a better lens. The idea for the better body is that I could use the higher ISO settings

while still using my nifty fifty. Or I could purchase a cheap zoom lens but am worried that since it won't open up as much (f3.5-5.6 is the best at my price range, I would need a higher ISO.

As reference as to how I shoot, and the environment I shoot in. (They don't allow flash in it) Here are a couple of pics:

For the most efficient use of a camera budget add lenses until you are unhappy with either the images or the responsiveness of the body.

Is the body responsive? Does it hunt focus or miss the exposure? Those are the reasons to change bodies.

You mentioned using a lower ISO, are you bothered by the noise in the image? I thought it under control. You, however, are the person who has to be pleased.

I would take this year's budget and put it on lenses. Check in next year it might be time to upgrade the body. Think how nice that will be with the new lenses.

Mike

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow