5D-II vs D800E test - with SAME lens.

Started May 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
bobn2
Forum ProPosts: 27,809
Like?
Re: 5D-II vs D800E test - with SAME lens.
In reply to qianp2k, May 15, 2012

qianp2k wrote:

A good question. But you notice they are not 100% cropped photos. In order to maintain the best possible sharpness at per-pixel level or 100% cropped level, what I said in last post is true, as basically confirmed by DPR in lab test. DPR said they setup the sturdy tripod, used the fast prime and even with the help of flashlight in order to achieve the best possible sharpness from 36mp D800 at 100% cropped size.

If 100% cropped is so important, why are you not displaying your gallery at 100%

My own experiences do tell me I need faster shutter on 18mp 1.6x crop 60D and 21mp 5D2 if I want to achieve better per-pixel level sharpness. However if I downsampling to the same 3000 or 2000 pixels, then with the same shutter speed it will have similar sharpness from the lower amount MP cameras such as 5D1 and 1D3. That's the reason why serious landscape photog shoot photos on tripod even under good light to achieve the best possible sharpness and reduce the blurry to minimum.

OK, so the 21.5MP of the 5D2 is not actually a problem, it just gives you the opportunity for more detail if your technique is good enough?
--
Bob

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow