ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dooginator
Junior MemberPosts: 42
Like?
garage studio & white walls
May 15, 2012

No, not the tires, unfortunately...

I’m setting up a garage studio. The dimensions, while not ideal, aren’t too bad – 18x20 with 9.5 foot ceiling. The floor is of course gray concrete, and the walls are white.

While I may do some portrait work there, my real interest in creating the studio is to do still life, product, and conceptual shots using models. So I have two possible issues with the while walls and ceiling I’d like to solicit some views on:

1) as reflectors, they may provide some unwanted fill, though I would assume the walls certainly and the ceiling possibly are far enough away to contribute only really negligibly due to the inverse square law,

2) however it seems likely shiny surfaces on subjects will show a reflection of the walls and ceiling (and their irregularities).

Anyone work with a similarly sized room of white, and able to share whether these hypothetical problems actually occur, and any solutions used? I’d rather not paint the whole garage matte black….

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow