GF3 + 14mm for £200!!

Started May 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
leightparsons
Junior MemberPosts: 38
Like?
Re: GF3 + 14mm for £200!!
In reply to Helen, May 15, 2012

Helen wrote:

Unfortunately, the GF3 body-only isn't eligible for the £50 cashback; this was very clearly stated to me in a conversation with Panasonic's cashback helpline a few weeks ago - I happened to be enquiring about body-only eligibility and was told that the GF3 is ineligible if bought body-only because it's the only one that is never supplied from the manufacturer in body only form. The lady I spoke to indicated that the other models are eligible body-only, even if they required a kit to be broken up to be sold that (surprisingly) - because that would be a means of making the available stock equivalent to an officially-available body-only package.

So you might be lucky but I wouldn't count on it. Best to expect a total £50 cashback, courtesy of the lens (as long as it wasn't unboxed from a kit - unlike the bodies, an unboxed lens liberated from a kit does not appear to be eligible).

I'm sorry to point that out, but I generally find it's better to know these things before having even longer to build up your hopes. There's still a chance you might get at least one cashback, and at least that will be a nice surprise, rather than a bad one!

I never take anything for granted in this world! If I get one lot of £50 I'll be happy if I get both I'll be ecstatic.

Interesting what you say about the GF3 not being avaiable body only - the Panasonic box it came in clearly states "Lens not included" with an image of the body without lens on the front. Also Wilkinsons sold it to me on the basis that Cash Back was available. I guess I'll find out soon enough.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow