ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Pauls Pixels
Senior MemberPosts: 1,075Gear list
Like?
LX5 - World’s furthest leaning man-made tower
May 15, 2012

Hi there,

Inspired by Gajanan’s recent “A Twist in the Tower!’ post, I was able yesterday to go out and photograph one of Abu Dhabi’s equivalent architectural offerings – the Hyatt Capital Gate, part of the Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre complex.

The Hyatt Capital Gate is a 160-metre tall, 35-storey skyscraper that has been built to lean 18 degrees westwards:- four times more than the Tower of Pisa, in Italy.

They do like their superlatives here, and this tower doesn’t disappoint in that regard, as in June 2010, the Guinness Book of World Records certified Capital Gate as the “World’s furthest leaning man-made tower.”

1#

2#

3#

I quite like the quirkiness of this building, and that it sign-posts the fact that I’m nearly “home”. I hope that my wonky photography does it justice….The focus on top of the tower in the first image is soft (at best) - I think that the focus slider may have been shifted to macro, and focus may well have locked on the traffic sign. Oops - we live and learn...

Best regards – and thanks for looking,

Paul

Pauls Pixels's gear list:Pauls Pixels's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Nikon D7000
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow