ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
skieferins
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
The old chestnut...
May 15, 2012

Hello,

Having gone through around 7/8digital cameras, Panasonic/Samsung/Sony cybershot(3mp)Canon 120 -I think ? and currently a Ricoh CX4....I am seriously having thoughts about buying a DLSR.

I have taken around 500,000 photos over the years, but I'd say I am only happy with around 5% of my overall photos, the rest I keep convincing myself I will touch up or adjust on photoshop...But I rarely do.

The biggest problems I have is getting a clear sharp photo of my subject, I have used the face tracker but nothing seems to be of stand out quality, maybe I am jst too fussy ?

The subjects I am currently taken more and more are my children running around indoors, in ball pit areas,etc. Outside shots are excellent on the Ricoh CX4, but inddors they are not good. Feel free to look through my gallery of random photos to see the type of photo which I despise(Quality wise)

I have spoken to a few major camera shop assistants, but to be honest the ones I have mainly spoken to are up their own a###'s, they say how I'll have to spend around £2000 / $4000 to get a decent photo which is like their personal collection....Call me mean but I want to spend no more than around £500 /$1000 afterall, its just going to be photos for framing indoors.

But the other thing to take into consideration is the size.....I love compacts, but if I need to go up to a DLSR then I'd rather go for a smaller version if possible...I like the look of the Sony Nex series, but I don't want to dismiss any brand.

So do I go for a compact and adjust my settings, if so what to ? Or do I go for a DLSR and again if so, which one ? Thank you

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow