Pentax is back on track

Started May 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
DrugaRunda
Senior MemberPosts: 2,525Gear list
Like?
Re: What track? Headed to Where?
In reply to locke_fc, May 15, 2012

Q is actually the best small camera, handling wise or IQ wise, with the price which is in line with a premium compact lines from other makes.

Right now it is a £300 camera like LX5, G12 etc... except that the camera has better handling, better built and you can change the lenses so you have more choice on how to use it.

On Dxo it has the best, or now second best score from small cameras (I think behind S100 now), which is in line with Nikon D70 - APS-C camera from few years ago...

I am sure that having a D70 did not stop great many people making many great photos at the time, and in the same way Q will not stop you (IQ wise) either right now.

locke_fc wrote:

Gerry Winterbourne wrote:

RetLaEnvEmp wrote:

A toy Pentax Q is what what it says -- a toy -- not a direction for a camera company no matter how good anyone may think it is or how cute it looks.

The Q isnt a toy camera and doen't say it is. Some of the lenses that fit are toy lenses, but that no more makes the Q itself a toy than does fitting a LensBaby to a DSLR.

I don't need to think it's good - I own one and I know it is. "Cute" has nothing to do with it: I'm a prime shooter by inclination and the Q is the only pocketable camera with prime lenses. It doesn't match my K-5 for IQ, DR or resolution but it is sufficiently close for most casual shooting.

-- hide signature --

Gerry

First camera 1953, first Pentax 1985, first DSLR 2006
http://www.pbase.com/gerrywinterbourne

Come on, the Q is an €800 camera with €150 IQ. You can say it's cute, pocketable, handles well, and many other things, but the IQ is a joke at that price point.
--
Fer
--
Fer

-- hide signature --

common sense is anything but common

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow