ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
neroangelo
Contributing MemberPosts: 840
Like?
Problems with GH2, external flash and PZ14-42x
May 15, 2012

Hi all,

I am having problems with my GH2 when using an external flash and any lens combo including old manual lens. The top of the picture (or left side if vertical) has a thick black bar (fussy to solid depending on brightness) along it when using the flash at any shutter speed (upto 160). aperture,or ISO unless the pic has blown out. I have tried different settings but found first curtain doesn't work to sync external flash. The GF1 doesn't have this problem. It reminds me of when the shutter speed was over 200 on the Canon 5d and gives a black bar due to flash sync speed, something mirrorless should not have a problem with.

The problem with the PZ14-42x is that the black line appears with shutter speeds of 160 and above at f8 and above during normal shooting condition or with flash .

I have changes as many settings as i think would cause the problem including Film mode, Picture size/quality, Stabilizer, Flash, Flash Synchro, Flash Adjust, IR, ID, ISO limit, Long Shutter NR, Tele, Burst Rate, Af and AE locks, LCD Mode and Monitor mode...but nothing has helped.

Firmware is Version 1.1. Before I call Panasonic and blame the sensor,am I missing a setting somewhere?

Many thanks.....
--
Slainte (cheers)

You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus. :- Samuel Langhorne Clemens

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow