Started Apr 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
Melbourne Park
Senior MemberPosts: 2,405Gear list
Like?
Re: EM-5 for professional wedding photography
In reply to David V, May 15, 2012

David V wrote:

Melbourne Park wrote:

Yep, David is just pushing a point. Strange that someone who says he likes FF and Sony NEXs, is here in an m43 space. I've used the NEX, a fair bit, and its made for ... hang on -

I'll start again: - many people love it. Good on them, and best to talk about NEX and sensors in their own thread space.

I was here in this space, because I did own two previous Olympus M 4/3 cameras and keep checking back to see how things are developing in the M 4/3 world. For now, I believe the NEX 5N and 7 to be the best mirrorless cameras, but I was particularly interested in the EM-5, mainly for the wider selection of lenses and the OOC JPEGS that I missed from the Olympus cameras when I had them.

I don't have any brand or format loyalty. I just want to see what my best options are based on my shoot needs. Is that wrong?

Actually David, I thought you were here to criticise. But in fact, you are genuine, as you have photos and even your photo in your gallery.

So I apologise, I am sorry if I was critical in any way of you.

You're very welcome here, IMO.

My experience with the NEXs was not at all like yours, but we are all different. My best friend has one and uses it as a point and shoot, and he loves it and the only lens he'll ever buy for it, the kit zoom.

I am just discovering the wonderous OM_D, and frankly, its a deep well that I have only splashed myself with. But its quality of build and feel, is quite extraordinary. Its viewfinder is so better than all the other EVFs I've used is astonishing. I walked into a street this dusk, and changed a setting, and took a picture of a car, travelling at 50kmh, straight towards and by me. I was shocked when I got inside, they were all focused.

Now all I have to do, is figure out how that happened!!!

And ... however ... the driver stopped his car, and queried what I was doing!!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow