Started May 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
anthony mazzeri
Senior MemberPosts: 1,629
Like?
Re: RICOH issues camera brand statement
In reply to bertalan, May 15, 2012

bertalan wrote:

"There will still be some very high-end Ricoh products"

This depends on if the rest of what that 'source' said is actually true as well. Assume they are 'half-right' about the high-end products and wrong about the demise of the Ricoh brand itself...

And not just high-end, but very high-end. The GXR to me is high-end, but not quite very high-end. So my first guess is a Ricoh-branded medium format K-mount DSLR. Maybe even mirrorless. I've always felt Ricoh always wanted to get back into DSLRs after Pentax shut them out, and so was the main reason Pentax itself was such an appealing purchase for Ricoh - Ricoh basically bought all the very patents and tech which Pentax denied them to force them out of the DSLR market. So a MF DSLR would be the perfect way to get the Ricoh brand back on a DSLR without actually undermining the existign Pentax DSLR sales - if anything, a MF K-mount DSLR will increase overall Pentax sales through cross pollination. And Ricoh did state specifically in their press-release at the time that the medium format stuff was of interest to them.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow