Started Mar 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
Turbinator
Regular MemberPosts: 199
Like?
Re: 24-70mm f/2.8 zoom lens
In reply to Turbinator, May 15, 2012

Turbinator wrote:

GAP IMAGES wrote:

Just a follow up to my original post. I received a replacement lens from Adorama and it is much smoother than the first. Their customer service/exchange was perfect!

Glad to hear this. I've just sent my 24-70mm f/2.8 into Nikon for repair, bought it in Aug 2011, and now it's April 2012. Still under warranty coverage. The zoom ring was getting stiffer and stiffer, such that trying to turn it was a real chore.

I also had a problem where the lens failed to autofocus 100% of the time on my D7000.

Hoping Nikon can address these two issues.

Hi everyone - got my lens back! Took Nikon about 1 week to turn it around, after receiving it. Not a bad turnaround time, in my opinion. I found their "contact Nikon" support email line to be well staffed, helpful, and prompt in responses. Quite impressed. The zoom ring problem was fixed completely (now smooth again), and I'll be conducting further tests to see if the autofocus is better. I took a few pictures over the weekend for Mother's Day and so far, so good. My lens was covered under warranty, so there were absolutely zero charges for the work done. Woo hoo!

The only downside, I returned the lens with a rear element cap, and got the lens back minus the rear element cap. I've contacted support to see if they will send me a replacement. If not, I'll go buy one. My return paperwork even noted the rear element cap, and their receipt to me noted that the lens was returned to Nikon with the cap. Yet, they didn't give it back. Just be aware of this should you decide to return any accessories back to Nikon with your products being serviced... there's a chance you'll not get your accessories back.

Other than that minor gripe, all's well, and I'm happy with Nikon's service level and support.

Turby

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow