Started May 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
GAK753
Contributing MemberPosts: 814
Like?
Auto-focus points, D800, help, PLEASE
May 15, 2012

Ok, here's the problem--it drives me crazy...this DOES NOT happen on my D300.

I have a group of, let's say, 4 people in a shot, all seated closely together. One person is seated more forward slightly. I have the camera set on AF-S, auto, 11 pts. (I've used the others too and the problem still exists). I press the AF button, or the shutter--either one, and inevitabley 2 or 3 focus pts, land on the person in front, or even worse, or her feet because they are closer to the camera. I keep re-pushing the AF button to get the camera to focus on the whole group, which EVENTUALLY It does, but not after landing on the closest person a 1/2 dozen times or more FIRST. It drives me crazy...and the people are sitting there waiting patiently for the camera to "do its thing"--HOW do I stop this and get the camera to focus on all of the group the majority of the time? I want MORE control over the AF points...and I can't just use ONE center point when I have small group shot. SOmeone's going to be out of focus. I was using F 5.6, and only 8 feet away. I guess moving to F8 may help????? What am I missing here?
THANKS,
--
GG

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow