Knowledge....

Started May 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
xionc
Forum MemberPosts: 88
Like?
Re: Talking about giants
In reply to FDecker, May 14, 2012

FDecker wrote:

I should have said it in a better way: half-educated in physics. See, it is quite a difference whether you really understand physics and learned to use its methodology or if you just read popular science books about it.

I have a PhD in physics and have been working in the field of solid state physics, QM and Nuclear Magnetic Resonance for the last 25 years.

So anything less than PhD and you're half educated in physics? I know no professor that would say this about any not-quite-fully-educated-as-him PhD.

I can easily imagine you as a typical solid state PhD, there is a great amount of authoritarian type of thinking in your posts, and I have personally experienced it in real life from few solid state division theoretists.

The problem is that no cosmologist or any other physicist better suited to talk about Einsteins thinking and constraints imposed by it, would show such authoritarian point of view.

I would appreciate a link to your homepage to get to know you and your work better.

It is not about my inspiration we are talking about. I was annoyed by some here saying that Einstein had no imagination because we didn't like some aspects of QM or that he was just stealing his ideas from other scientists. And that's ridiculous.

DMillier put it great - there is some kind of faith needed for accepting QM concepts, and from my point of view this generates much bigger field for imagination.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
FailNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow