First Week with the 60d and the 10-22mm

Started May 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
VisualNectarPhotography
Regular MemberPosts: 370Gear list
Like?
Re: First Week with the 60d and the 10-22mm
In reply to slade riley, May 14, 2012

Nice,

Glad you like your 10-22 Ultra wide. Its one of my favorite lenses in my bag.

Heres my 2 cents. The 10-22 is great a distorting perspective, which can be good or bad, use it to draw attention to parts of the picture. Instead of taking pictures perpendicular to your subject get above them and look down or from down up. If you take a picture of your son’s (I’m assuming here) head and get above him angle down 45 degrees or so, you will give an interesting proportion, his head will seem large and detailed while his feet look far away and small. Its almost cartoonish. Or if you take a picture from the ground looking up you can make your kid look like a giant.

UWA lenses give you another level of creativity that zooms don’t offer, that is modifying your own shooting angle to completely alter the composition of the shot.

-- hide signature --

Be Content with what you have; rejoice in the way things are. When you realize there is nothing lacking, the whole world belongs to you.

VisualNectarPhotography's gear list:VisualNectarPhotography's gear list
Canon EOS 300D Nikon D2Hs Canon EOS 60D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow