Obama is not a real Christian...

Started May 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
Don_Campbell
Contributing MemberPosts: 917
Like?
Re: Obama is not a real Christian...
In reply to Brian, May 14, 2012

Brian wrote:

As much as I dislike the Bama, I'm not going to hold his non-christianity against him.

That's funny. I accept any person's claim to be a christian at face value and I try not to hold that claim against them, as much as it indicates a lack of common sense and rationality.

why? because most Christians are Christians in name only and make very little attempt to live their so professed religion.

Gee, I thought christians believed that they were all basically sinners doing the best they can with their innate human frailties to follow the right path. By that token, it would seem that judging a person for not living up to what you think a christian should do is pretty unchristian.

I don't see God sanctifying a gay union, but at the same time I don't see God saying it is ok to hate gay people. (can't wait for our liberal friends to weigh in on that statement)

Your god is irrelevant. As are all the other 1001 gods that others believe in. What is relevant is that civil rights should be granted equally. The arguments used against gay marriage are pretty much the same as those used against mixed race marriage as recently as 45 years ago in the U.S.

It's about love, family values and economic justice.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow