Started May 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
desaroo
Contributing MemberPosts: 739
Like?
Location, location, location
May 14, 2012

I suppose, if you are a bird, building a starter home under a patio umbrella seems like a great idea: no rain, no wind, no predators.

Alas, my wife and I have four grandkids from 2-1/2 to 8-1/2 years old, who are over at our house a lot, so the odds of this robin sticking things out in the face of the noise and bothersome humans are not good.

This was my first shot out of the box with my first MFT camera (E-PL1) and 17mm lens. I was not able to find the Bird's Nest art filter or the Patio Furniture scene mode, so had to use aperture priority. Discovered afterward I had somehow managed to set the camera to -0.7 exposure compensation. As I'm a total PP putz, this is the best I could fix things. C'est la vie.

And if anyone cares, the reason I'm moving to MFT is that my venerable E-500 is about to depart for the Great Darkroom in the Sky. The On/Off switch broke, and it would cost more to fix it ($220) than the camera is worth. So I've been using a 10d nail to turn the fool thing on and off.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow