First Try: Simple Couch Shot (K5+FA35)

Started May 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
snake_b
Senior MemberPosts: 4,680
Like?
Re: First Try: Simple Couch Shot (K5+FA35)
In reply to JoeDaBassPlayer, May 14, 2012

LOL. I could have Hipstamatic-processed the pic

Are the crooked lines really that conspicuous? Maybe I don't see it because I've gotten used to how bad the former DDR's infrastructure truly is. I'm in the capital of my state and the infrastructure is truly pitiful and a testament to corruption and wastage of the reunification tax still being collected to this day.

JoeDaBassPlayer wrote:

snake_b wrote:

You noticed right- all the roads are sloped in various angles, for various reasons, quite simultaneously. The cross road in the back even slopes slightly downward for the next blog. Even in small stretches there are variances.

Thanks for the compliment. Sometimes some of the best shots are imperfect. They lend character when not looking at the picture as a technical achievement.

JoeDaBassPlayer wrote:

I noticed nothing is straight, so leave it as it is.

The photo looks great. I love the rendering of this lens except the bokeh in some cases gets a little rough. Converting to B&W is an option but this lens provides a lot of that feel while still in color.

I feel bad I did not use it more on the K2000. I do throw it on the K 01 periodically for really low light stuff and when I want that "look."
--
Variance is Evil!

If you have some other lenses, you will start to notice this one has a bit "darker," "richer," or even "moodier" look to it. It does a fantastic job of capturing the light although others may be as sharp or have better bokeh.

I noticed nothing was really perpendicular or parralel. At least it was not one of those sad attempts to make it look artsy by tilting the camera at a 30 or 45 degree angle.
--
Variance is Evil!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow