Started May 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
RobSouthOz
Regular MemberPosts: 248
Like?
Re: uhm
In reply to paul_kew, May 14, 2012

paul_kew wrote:

tko wrote:

Quickly. You're shooting a sporting event and you know you need 1/500th of a second minimum to stop the action. What shutter speed will P-mode give you? You don't know. I don't know. No one knows.

I turn the rear wheel to the right till the display shows 500

Oops, you just missed the shot because you where fiddling with settings, when you knew before hand you needed 1/500sec but didn't set it using S mode.

Quickly. You're shooting your daughters portraits and the background is distracting, so you'd like F2.8. What aperture does your P-mode give you, and how do you force it to give you a constant F2.8?

I turn the front wheel left so 2.8 shows in the display

Oops, you just missed the shot because you where fiddling with settings, when you knew before hand you wanted f2.8 but didn't set it using A mode.

Seriously. I've never used P mode in 40 years of photography. Not that they had P mode when I started.

It wasn't around when I started either (first SLR was manual only), but when I bought a 9xi I started leaving it in P and setting the shutter or aperture with the rear or front wheels as it was quicker than changing modes.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
uhmNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow