Why this crying and whining about Leica prices?

Started May 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
EricWN
Contributing MemberPosts: 835
Like?
Re: Why this crying and whining about Leica prices?
In reply to ravinj, May 14, 2012

ravinj wrote:

I don't understand this crying and whining about Leica prices for the new MM and 50 APO 'Cron and sob stories about "I am not rich, I will never afford one". Kind of like complaining about the price of the latest SLS AMG roadster - get the E350 or C300 instead. And if it is a value thing ("Oh why should I pay 7k for a 50mm lens?"), then don't buy the damn' thing and get something else. Or better, get a Fuji X-Pro1 with Fuji lenses.

There are plenty of EXCELLENT Leica lenses for around 2K-2.5K. 50MM Summicron, 35mm Summicron ASPH to name a few. Summarits are not bad either and the series covers the basic focal lengths very well. Sein Reid rates the 35mm Summarit better iin some respects than the workhorse 35 Summicron. And if these are too expensive, then Zeiss has equally good options for much less.

So please stop the sob stories and buy one of the excellent Zeiss or Leica lens and get on with life. There is also the superb D800E and solid Nikon lenses to go with it for around around 5k for the kit. Skip Leica if it is too expensive.

What a waste of forum space. You ask people to stop posting their opinions on Leica pricing in a forum?

Apart from the prices there is hardly any development with Leica, so why not talk about the only thing left that they actually develop fast enough: price badges.

If people are annoyed with that, for whatever reason, they will of course continue to do so. And we'll continue to discuss it.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow