Started May 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
brianj
Forum ProPosts: 12,981Gear list
Like?
Re: What do you really want
In reply to Mako2011, May 14, 2012

Mako2011 wrote:

brianj wrote:

If I want the camera to take second place, and without any zoom, they are an extreme compromise and will be for a while yet. Maybe that will be the path forward in a few more generations of models.

You said:

".... apparently camera companies as well that the average person wants interchangeable lenses, I certainly don't. What I want is the smallest package that meets my needs and preferably the entire kit can be carried in a belt bag."

The vast majority of all cameras made today meet your needs exactly and interchangeable lens cameras are in the great minority and rare in comparison. With that in mind, your concerned about a problem that does not exist. The real solution to the "problem" as you see it, is to pull out your P&S and not worry about the small number of people using equipment you're not interested in. The side benefit of that strategy is, you get to take pictures

That's where I am at right now, your spot on, but I want to be able to keep on this track by being able to buy another enthusiasts style camera in future, so far its unknown whether panasonic will produce a LX6, canon a S110, samsung an EX2 etc

When I am ready to buy again maybe because my camera breaks, there maybe nothing produced in this catagory. If all companies only produce interchangable lens cameras then it is inevitable for me to have to buy the future incarnation of a camera phone which I also don't want to do.

Maybe its still too early to know what will happen.

Brian

brianj's gear list:brianj's gear list
Canon PowerShot ELPH 330 HS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow