brianj
Forum ProPosts: 13,374Gear list
Like?
Re: Why do people think....
In reply to Mako2011, May 14, 2012

Mako2011 wrote:

brianj wrote:

sjgcit wrote:
Everybody wants something different. That's one reason.

Another is that larger sensors require large lenses - that's just the physics of it. So huge super-zooms on large sensors cameras are a problem in terms of weight and size unless you drastically compromise optics to the point where you may as well have a P&S with a small sensor. The solution to this dilemma is to use lenses covers smaller zoom ratios, but covering them with good optical quality.

I would like a small camera with a 1/1.7 BSI-CMOS sensor with no more than 16mp and about 24-240mm fixed lens. Is that too much to ask for from this season's new models.

Let's say someone makes exactly what you want. How many other people will buy it ? Because they're not going to break into profit based on just you.

You may think everyone would queue up for what you describe, but I promise you that everyone has different priorities.

Even I don't think people will line up for what I described, I guess that is what my frustration is really about. I had this feeling there may be more non professional people out there who want to stick to simplicity but if there is they have certainly gone silent.

How can you say that. They line up in mass at the apple store when a new iPhone is released and smart phones are everywhere. Your in the majority.

If I want the camera to take second place, and without any zoom, they are an extreme compromise and will be for a while yet. Maybe that will be the path forward in a few more generations of models.

Brian

brianj's gear list:brianj's gear list
Canon PowerShot ELPH 330 HS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow