Started May 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
nicolabotta
Regular MemberPosts: 185
Like?
GXR spot metering frame / spot ?
May 14, 2012

So far I have not found a way to setup my GXR to show the area (spot) in the middle of the frame which is actually used for spot light metering.

I find this very annoying because GXR's spotmetering is otherwise quite good and I systematically use it for selecting the exposure in M mode: I just point to something I want to get, say, 2 f-stops brighter or darker than the middle of the brightness range and press Fn2 which I have assigned to AEL. This sets the time (I have set One Press M mode to Aperture Priority) to the value that would bring that spot in about the middle of the brightness range. I then adjust time, aperture or ISO manually to increase or decrease the brightness of the selected spot by 2 f-stops.

I found this to be a very fast and effective way for selecting the exposure prior manual fine tuning. Of course, spotmetering is of little help if the camera does not display the metering spot !

Do you have any idea how to set up the GXR to display the area in the middle of the frame which is actually used for spotmetering ?

Thanks, N.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow