Started May 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Dlanor
Regular MemberPosts: 151Gear list
Like?
Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Photography at a Bar
May 14, 2012

Thanks to Waynecam's Motorcycle photo challenge, I found myself back at a fine establishment that has a large collection of antique motorcycles. The place had been owned by a colorful character who lived and slept in the bar and, in addition to the motorcycle collection, had a collection of Tiffany lamps valued in the millions of dollars. Unfortunately, he passed away last year and his heirs put up the lamps for auction. Hopefully they won't do the same to the motorcycles.

I entered a few photos of the motorcycles in the competition, and below are a few more photos that I thought showed the flavor of the estabilshment. Also attached is a link with more of the back story about the lamps, which you might find interesting.

P.S. I also learned a few beers will quickly overrule any image stabilization on your camera!

Link to story about the lamps-

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/29/eddie-rickenbackers-tiffany-lamps_n_1389196.html#s825674

Thanks for looking,
Ron

Dlanor's gear list:Dlanor's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS3 Olympus XZ-1 Olympus OM-D E-M5
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow