Best place to buy an E-M5 outside NY state?

Started May 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
Detail Man
Forum ProPosts: 14,950
Like?
Re: You do realize ... that they clearly have you "dead to rights" ?
In reply to jcharding, May 14, 2012

jcharding wrote:

This is fundamentally a ridculous post, and what I tried to cutforf earlier. It's really simple, and doesn't require details.

1. Every state has a use tax.
2. Every state requires taxpayers to voluntarily pay it.
3. Nobody pays it.

4. To the best of my knowledge no state has done anything more than use harsh language regarding any such nonpayment. Nobody has anybody dead to rights, because any state could investigate any resident for tax crimes and win at any point in time.

Well, such used to be more so the case, and it may well feel good to keep saying it - but it is not at all entirely true. For instance, I live in Washigton State (Amazon.com's home-base). If and when I order any item from Amazon.com that is sold directly by Amazon, Amazon themselves charge me Washington State Sales tax. Do you really think that Amazon would have incurred significant costs to themselves to remove any and all of their retail shipping-outlets from the State of California recently were it not for some actual realities that your statements seemingly blithely ignore ? ...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
WTF?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow