Replacement for Olympus E-620 - OM-D or Nikon?

Started May 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
naivas
New MemberPosts: 6
Like?
Replacement for Olympus E-620 - OM-D or Nikon?
May 14, 2012

Hi there

Help please! I currently own an Olympus E-620 with a few different lenses (mainly use 18-180mm). The reason I want to upgrade is that I am always missing shots on this camera. I have a 9 month old baby and every time I shoot it seems part of the picture (her leg or arm) is always blurry due to movement and the photos are not crisp. I have tried various settings, the AF is slow and the pictures are always on the darker side. I have owned this camera for 4 years now and still consider myself a beginner, mainly using 'P' setting as I prefer not to mess around (as I don't have the time when shooting a baby).

I have tried my friends Nikon D90 on "P" and it seemed that every time I took a shot, it turned out clear, even in low light and was extremely fast. I originally bought the E-620 due to being a smaller camera, and I like the OM-D due to its size, however this is not the main priority. I want to take pictures that are clear without a lot of fuss. Putting my existing lenses on the OM-D is still going to be quite bulky.

The local camera shop said if I already have Olympus lenses to stick with Olympus, but cost is not so much an issue. If Nikon is better, I am happy to start fresh with lenses etc.

I know D90 is an older model and have hesitations with this. I am so confused with what to buy! OM-D, D90, D5100 or D7000?

Thanks,

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow