Just a thought...

Started May 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
nand
Senior MemberPosts: 1,325Gear list
Like?
Re: Just a thought...
In reply to RayGuselli, May 14, 2012

I would think that in a retouching forum people discus and show how retouching is done. Including with what tools and how to use these tools. More along the lines of problem solving including “how to and why.”

Unfortunately or fortunately, some soft or hardware problems are best answered here, and they do, because many here use the tools and equipment and love to help out. Besides often these questions are from regulars here that not likely ask anywhere else first. So I see no reason to split that part.

Splitting up the forum is not going to bring in more retouching work. It only serves to decrease exposure. Advertising can help. Asoftwind suggested Google. Yes, Google does pickup lines from DPReview. So hints of free retouching would show up in a Google search.

I also don’t think this forum is meant be the “cut and paste” forum or the “look at my latest creation” forum. These posts belong in a joke book or a gallery someplace. This should not be the place to fish for compliments on a routine basis. Apparently others think different.

Nand.

-- hide signature --

nand's gear list:nand's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Olympus OM-D E-M5 Fujifilm X-E1 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 II +21 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow