Preoder OM-D EM-5 in Australia

Started Feb 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
Melbourne Park
Senior MemberPosts: 2,405Gear list
Like?
Re: Preoder OM-D EM-5 in Australia
In reply to Julian_K, May 14, 2012

Julian_K wrote:

Cheers for the info, do you know if you can cancel a preorder with DCW once it has been placed? I'd love to get my hands on a silver model sooner rather than later so will most likely jump at the first opportunity to get one.

You can.

Firstly, my order did not include any money, or any credit card numbers. Hence legally, there was no "consideration".

Secondly, because of the issues in my not being able to get one, they have always said there is no problem cancelling.

Thirdly, their might be less problem for me, because I had the grip discount and the battery discount included.

Fourthly though - the Ted's I bought the silver camera from, gave me the grip discount too - although its not landed yet. I gave them the prices of the discount place too. They did not meet those, and the chap said such prices did not make sense. Ted's also sold the second battery for a discount - but not the DCW pre order $39.90 deal. They sold it for $50, and he said they were loosing money on it. Perhaps Olympus Australia are profiteering from the batteries.

I also order the 45mm lens, and he gave me a discount too quickly on it ... being DCW's price. I reckon there was some more fat in it. However - they still haven't got the lens in. They have one in the store, but its being lay buyed, and hence they will not sell it to me.

I always disliked Ted's, but they seem sort of ethical. I also rang their web site purchases, and the fellow there traced inventory for the 45mm, and was extremely helpful and straight.

I also bought two filters, and felt ripped off. But looking at overseas prices, they were both very good deals too.

Only issue I have now, is getting a side strap instead of the big Olympus strap (which is more than a third the bulk of the camera). And also, the lens caps fall off - just like Oly ones always do. I forgot to buy a stick on lens cap string ...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow