Has Adobe gone too far?

Started May 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
ZorSy
Senior MemberPosts: 2,941Gear list
Like?
Re: Has Adobe gone too far?
In reply to Doug Pardee, May 14, 2012

Yes, but most will put up and shut up as changing the workflow would be more expensive for most people who really need powerful software. Alternatively, those who don't need the "latest and greatest" can use cheaper solutions. I am not defending Adobe as my wife deals with another software company - Autodesk. And Adobe seems to be Autodesk's apprentice for some time, now they finally mastered it. AutoCad is usually released annually, no free upgrades and if there was a bug in release - no excuse, no sorry. The solution - release new version (2013 has been out for a while, I guess 2014 will come out by September this year). Of course, "upgrade" means going only from the previous version....

But these "vulnerabilities" with Adobe products are quite symptomatic IMO....luckily they don't write anti-virus software (paid, of course). Just imagine how popular would be any OS if "vulnerabilities" require paid upgrade (instead of free updates for both Win and MAC OS). Luckily, Adobe or AutoDesk don't write that either...

ZorSy's gear list:ZorSy's gear list
Nikon D7100
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
PS 7New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow