Pick the best image - Tried CS6 vs LR4

Started May 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
Erik Johansen
Senior MemberPosts: 1,271Gear list
Like?
Re: Both could be made by both programs.
In reply to Aleo Veuliah, May 14, 2012

Aleo Veuliah wrote:

Erik Johansen wrote:

This is "The Emperor's New Clothes"

I could show a real difference in color/saturation when using a camaraspesific C-Checker-Profile vs. the program default.

Yes, true, you are right, but I explained why I have done this way

And I am not saying CS6 is better than LR, what I found better was the automatic settings, it seems to work better, but still have to test with different images

I hear you, but (as I've said before) the autom.settings, or own presets, is highly dependent of the scene.

When I take the extra work with a capture in RAW-format, I always have to finetune every single image differently.

For me it is only the ease of use and amount of "sliders" that separate PS from LR.

Colour/saturation is the most "tricky" to get right, I think. That's why a cameraprofile is the only setting I have as preset besides the program defaults.

Excuse me for not picking any of your examples. They are both very good, but I would have come up with a different result if I had actually seen the scene....and worked the RAW......;-)

-- hide signature --

It is never too late to give up your prejudices.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow