CS5 - good books/tutorials, particularly RAW processing?

Started Jan 31, 2012 | Discussions thread
graybalanced
Senior MemberPosts: 3,641
Like?
Re: CS5 - good books/tutorials, particularly RAW processing?
In reply to Ronny Harris, May 14, 2012

Ronny Harris wrote:

I'll let others suggest books and tutorials. The actual processing of images in ACR are fairly self-explanatory and usually don't present any problems.

Probably not true. There is plenty of confusion about raw processing. The difference between Exposure and Brightness, sliders vs tone curve, Contrast and Clarity, Clarity and Sharpness, etc. are questions asked all the time on forums. It's not uncommon to find out that someone has built up an incorrect idea of what each control does.

I guess if you are after quick and dirty, it doesn't really matter, but as in darkroom photography, if you spent all the money on expensive equipment and software to do great work, you'll want to know how to do it the very best way, and those practices are not obvious from the UI. That's why there is so much discussion about it and why the Camera Raw book recommended earlier is hundreds of pages long. I agree that book is practically required reading if you really want to do it right.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow