Yet another Olympus 75-300 vs Panasonic 100-300 review

Started May 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
j.m.young
Regular MemberPosts: 429Gear list
Like?
Re: Which one is sharper at 300mm?
In reply to Amin Sabet, May 14, 2012

Amin Sabet wrote:

For me, the key question is which one is sharper at 300mm. I'm surprised to see that someone had both lenses for the purpose of doing a comparison and didn't comment on that issue.

-- hide signature --

I have both and no one wants to accept the fact the IQ is so close it would just depend on the copy you have. The build quality of the Olympus is much better. People keep harping on the fact that the aperture of the Panasonic is faster so what the glass in the Olympus is far superior giving that beautiful buttery blurred background. As far as focus speed it's about the same. The differance in aperture speed just dosen't matter in this one case because the quality glass more then makes up for it. The reasons to pay the extra for the Olympus are smaller, lighter and if you really like your equipment to have a quality feel ! The reason for the Panasonic are if you need IS and or want a cheaper price!

Does a drink taste better to you out of a cut Chrystal glass or a plastic glass?
Contents (IQ) is the same. I don't get it It's just not that hard!

j.m.young's gear list:j.m.young's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus PEN E-PM2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Olympus PEN E-P5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 +34 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow