Started May 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Steviecool
Forum MemberPosts: 88
Like?
Vacation Lenses?
May 13, 2012

I have been debating on which lenses I should take on my upcoming vacation to Europe in Aug-Sep. I will be in Germany, with a trip to Venice, Paris, and hopefully a week or so in Ireland. I would like to travel as light as possible with my camera gear.

Originally I thought about taking three lenses and my E30 with a backup body (E510). I will definately take my 70-300mm for some longer / macro shots.

But my dilemma is between my 18-180mm and 14-54mmII. They are both fine lenses. Between these two lenses I am slightly leaning towards the 18-180mm as its simply a more versatile 'walk around' lens. But then I think of the slightly wider 14-54mmII and the f2.8....Then I think of the other and not having to change lenses so often...
I may still take all three lenses anyway....Advice?

I also picked of a Pedco ultra-pod mini tripod. Its a neat little unit that folds up and has a swiveling ballhead. Its very compact and will fit just about anywhere, even your pants pocket. It also has a nylon velcro strap which can be used to strap it to a railing or tree. I took a few test shots with it and it holds my 18-180mm and 14-54mmII sturdy enough for some landscape work.

As always,

thanks in advance,

s.
--
'Don't mistake lack of talent for genius'
-Type O Negative

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow