e-pm1 + 17mm + vf-1 is like a dream in the street

Started May 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
Hen3ry
Senior MemberPosts: 7,822Gear list
Like?
Yay! Excellent photos, my brother in photography!
In reply to umutLP, May 13, 2012

Except I shifted up from the PM1 to the PL3 (I like the tilting screen) and after much soul searching, I moved from the 17+VF1 to the Panny 14+Voigtlander 28mm OVF. It was a hard decision, but I just like that extra bit of width.

I have sold the lens hood -- it is screw-in and slowed me down and if flare is a problem, I can shade it with my hand. The little rubber buttons are stick-on furniture feet and give a great grip. I have the camera on a loop of strong elastic through just the right-hand lug so when that it round my neck, the camera hangs down in front of me or I can put it to the side or even sling it around my back. Very secure, very flexible.

Camera setting is either shutter priority or "P". Auto focus in the center of the field of view, and auto exposure center weighted.

Very fast into action!

I also have the 45mm lens with a Leitz 90mm OVF for that. I admit to being a little less happy with the OVF at this focal length than with the w/a lenses.

I can’t understand why a lot more people don’t go for the direct view OVF. There's one that suits the Oly 12mm too -- that's the Panny 24mm (equiv) OVF they produced for the bottom end of the LX3 zoom.

Cheers, geoff
--
Geoffrey Heard
http://pngtimetraveller.blogspot.com/2011/10/return-to-karai-komana_31.html

Hen3ry's gear list:Hen3ry's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow