ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Stevie Boy Blue
Contributing MemberPosts: 742
Like?
FZ150 plus RAYNOX Telecon GREAT CRESTED GREBE Pics
May 13, 2012

Hi folks,

Great Crested Grebes are one of my favourite birds and I’ve been photographing them on and off since I came across a nesting pair in 2004. To me, the colours associated with the breeding plumage bring images of these beautiful creatures to life. Those crests are simply stunning and the grebes’ behaviour can be something to behold, especially the courtship dance for which they are renowned.

Anyway, here are a few of my latest G C grebe images, snatched from a batch I took during two brief sessions over two consecutive days using the FZ150 with Raynox 2025 pro (2.2x) teleconvertor attached at ISO 200. If nothing else, they’ll give viewers an idea of what this combination is capable of in terms of attainable clarity with Jpegs. I DO NOT shoot in raw.

In-camera settings are jpeg finest quality, Standard Picture Mode. Contrast: - 1. Saturation: + 1. Sharpening: 0. Noise Reduction: - 1.

Note that the combined total focal length with that particular Raynox/FZ150 setup reaches an amazing 1320mm equivalent in 35mm terms, meaning ample reach is at the user’s disposal. Note also that I never use a tripod; therefore all four images displayed here were shot handheld in my favourite Shutter Priority and – 1/3 stop E.V setting. Post processing is minimal, with minor sharpening and contrast adjustment added to juts two of the photographs. All, however, were cropped to around 5mp before resizing again for uploading here.

Hope this information is of use to some viewers and I wish everyone happy FZ150 shooting.

Kind regards always

Stevie Boy.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow