Autumn Colour C&C

Started May 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
rpps
Senior MemberPosts: 1,231Gear list
Like?
Re: Autumn Colour C&C
In reply to RetiredInFlorida, May 13, 2012

RetiredInFlorida wrote:

take your RAW. set it for the sky not to be blown out.

in PSCS> Copy Layer> Shadow/Highlights> click more options> try 50,15,12, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0.01, 0.01 click on Save As Default
looks dull - open Curves> menu-Linear Contrast removes the dullness.

next open Selective Color> Greens> cyan to the left, magenta to the right, yellow to the right> Reds> play around.

nice photo. me, i would try selling it.

-- hide signature --

Mike

Hi Mike thanks for your help I'm new to using CS and ACR for editing my RAW files,previously I have used Nikon NX2 but I love the way you can bring back a photo in ACR although it's a steep learning curve.

With this next Panorama I edited the RAW files so the sky wasn't blown out and adjusted the shadows and I used contrast set on 25 in this latest edit. After I stitched the photos I used a ND Filter (Nik Plug-in) .

I tried your settings but I didn't like it as much as mine maybe my eyes are at fault, the 1st photo is using your settings.

rpps's gear list:rpps's gear list
Nikon D600 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC USD +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow