Sony HX200v & Canon SX40

Started May 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
wb2trf
Senior MemberPosts: 1,083
Like?
Interesting report
In reply to ppvl57, May 13, 2012

Thanks for posting this report. I have had the HX-100V for about a year and have enjoyed it very much, but have sometimes wondered if the Canon SX40 or another camera would produce sharper images. I have zero brand loyalty, but it would be hard for me to give up some of the features of the HX-100V. I could do it for much better images however.

Oddly however, my experience is that the landscape pictures of the HX I cannot really beat. I also shoot with a Nex and have compared landscape photos in bright light and just can't find a significant difference. I'm sure that the Nex is more likely to show an advantage than any superzoom. It is in the long telephoto shots that I have hoped for better IQ, but have not been sure that any of the other superzooms would produce it. I long ago gave up the idea of carrying giant lenses for the Nex: not my idea of fun.

What has your experience been with comparative IQ at the long end of the telephoto range? (I will say that when I tried the SX40 in the store, the hunting for focus was annoying. But I couldn't really compare IQ.)

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow