Upgrade from S200exr to x-s1?

Started Apr 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
Dennis
Forum MemberPosts: 96Gear list
Like?
Re: Upgrade from S200exr to x-s1?
In reply to Santraginus, May 13, 2012

I greatly value your discussion, which is providing great details. I have had quite a few Fujifilm FinePix bridge cameras, and I am about to make a replacement, as such a camera is almost mandatory in my household. While the X-S1 should be the obvious choice, I am cheap, and consider alternatives like the S200EXR.

Having a X10, I know the X-S1 sensor is brilliant (I know about orbs though) and I know I can not expect this kind of IQ from the S200EXR. But the S200EXR seems to have most of the EXR features and benefit, I don't consider the zoom beyond 10x of much value, the S200EXR lens seems more robust (no drooping, but some CA), similar operation, and no potential orb issues (sorry, I brought it up again).

I have been offered a lightly used S200EXR at a fraction of the price of the X-S1, and now I am speculating how much a difference it would make to take this S200EXR. 12 Mpixels, EXR, good zoom, good IQ (at least below ISO 800)...

Hmmm...

Dennis's gear list:Dennis's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S9100 Olympus C-2040 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X10 Olympus E-420
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow