Never before seen F70 shots!

Started May 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
wymjym
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,266Gear list
Like?
Re: to see or not to see ... that is the question
In reply to Kim Letkeman, May 13, 2012

Kim Letkeman wrote:

Perhaps it also points out something that is fairly common knowledge ... color deficient people are more sensitive to non-color attributes like motion and pattern. I see the overlayed pattern that sharpening creates. Colour deficient people were used as camouflage spotters from the air for this very reason. We are sensitive to artifacts that are out of place.

I'm going with this point as the most likely candidate.

I had a dear friend that was color blind...back in the time I operated an auto repair facility for exotic vehicles. Our claim to fame was the color and texture matching that others simply could not replicate. Well my friend could always see where the color transitions took place...with a quick glance, others could not. Then one day a doctor returned with his vehicle, wife in tow, he 'was' satisfied..no one could tell where the paint work had been done except.......his wife had no problem pointing out the transitions (yes she was color blind and her mind was never confused by the interaction of some of the colors). We ultimately agreed that if 99+ % of the population couldn't see it then it was 'good enough'.

also....I knew that the images were crispy because of the overly defined tree limbs and the sharp water/wave definition but once again...I could not nor can I see halos (on any of 7 monitors I have here) until blown up and studied.

and yes, there are far too many variables to really get anyone’s pants in a wad.

wj
--
nikonandricoh

wymjym's gear list:wymjym's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow