Started May 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
xrdbear
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,666
Like?
Re: Further to my post above
In reply to Bruce Bracken, May 13, 2012

Bruce Bracken wrote:

xrdbear wrote:

The crops should all be from the centre of the image but using the left, centre and right-most sensors

This is incorrect. When someone uses the left-most focus point to focus, it's because they want the subject matter at that left focus point to be In Focus, not the subject matter at the center of the screen, which could be at a completely different distance from the camera.

The problem is the focusing clarity at the left point. As countless tests have shown in the past, the focus works mostly fine using LiveView, but with the Viewfinder, the focusing is bad.

It's not a problem with the lens, or the curvature of the lens, etc.

No I think mine is the best way of proving the problem because otherwise you run the risk of confusing what you are seeing with the limiting edge performance of the lens as has happened here. I completely agree that ultimately what you want is for the point in the image under the focus point to be in focus, no problem there. In this particular case I believe there is nothing wrong with his camera he's just demonstrating the limitations of this lens ( and of course only his copy).

Other owners are demonstrating huge focusing errors, from what I have seen, completely different from this instance.

Field curvature has nothing to do with this as you say. The 24-70, I believe has almost no field curvature at 70mm (unlike the other end).

-- hide signature --

Brian
Fine Art Print sales of the Isle of Skye at:
http://www.eyeofskye.co.uk/

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow